~

~

The gift to create form, from the mist of imagination, is pure magic!


Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shoroshwoti


8x12 inches; Pen drawing on handmade paper with watercolour wash (Click on image to enlarge)
Lost in a fire.

Saraswati, the Goddess of knowledge. She blesses her devotees with the power to learn and talent to practice art. As a student I used to pray to her before every exam, to bestow some extra grey matter in my head, so that I could obtain good marks. Every time I used to promise her that I will study well for the next exam, and be a good boy, but that never came to be. It was the same story, every year! I guess she was kind to me. And now, I really understand how kind she has been to me and thank her everyday for the creative instincts which she endowed me with! I can not imagine myself being a Chartered Accountant (my Mom's dream career for me!) playing with numbers when there are so many lovely colours to play with!

No comments: