I am not a masculine
man.
I deny to fit into that notion of a man.
I recoil from what I must become
To prove that I am enough of a man.
Many tried to make a man
Of what they found in me of a man!
Between my legs lay, for some,
Proof enough to define me as a man.
Once I was told by a proud macho man,
“Either you grow into a manly man
Or you must a man’s victim become!”
I wilted and curled into a wimpy man.
Teased for being the sissy man,
Bullied for not being a tough man,
I grew up to remain, for some,
A complete disgrace to the name of man.
I don’t care to be accepted as a man
Because that which confines every man,
I defied; to breathe my freedom,
I embody the fear of emasculation in each man.
I deny to fit into that notion of a man.
I recoil from what I must become
To prove that I am enough of a man.
Many tried to make a man
Of what they found in me of a man!
Between my legs lay, for some,
Proof enough to define me as a man.
Once I was told by a proud macho man,
“Either you grow into a manly man
Or you must a man’s victim become!”
I wilted and curled into a wimpy man.
Teased for being the sissy man,
Bullied for not being a tough man,
I grew up to remain, for some,
A complete disgrace to the name of man.
I don’t care to be accepted as a man
Because that which confines every man,
I defied; to breathe my freedom,
I embody the fear of emasculation in each man.







2 comments:
I am spell bound... Both by the art work and the poem. ❤️❤️
Such appreciation encourages me to keep creating! Thank you!
Post a Comment